This recipe is in imperial rather than metric measurements because milk still comes in pints over here.
- Slow cooker (Crock pot?)
- possibly a measuring jug if your milk doesn't come in pints?
- 6oz pudding rice
- 3 pints milk
- 4 tablespoons of golden syrup
- 1 vanilla pod
- Knob of butter - the size of your knob is up to you
- Put the pudding rice, the milk, the syrup and the Knob into the slow cooker.
- Cut open the vanilla pod and scrape the seeds into the slow cooker. It's imperative you do this as quickly as possible to retain maximum flavour.
- Put the actual pod bits of the vanilla pod into a jar of sugar; this will flavour the sugar for use in cakes etc. Put this aside for another recipe.
- Turn on the slow cooker and go do something else for a bit - recommended setting is high but slow cookers are ridiculously variable, so use your judgement.
- Stir after about 2 hours.
- It'll be ready anywhere between 3 and 6 hours depending on your slow cooker - it should be thick and creamy and not runny.